Recreational Registration & Fees
Please register for Fall 2023 PSC Recreational Soccer using the following links:
Recreational Player Registration is now closed for the season
This section provides registration information for Recreational level teams, U6 through U19. Registration for Recreational teams for the Fall Season is open from early May through July. A waitlist will be created when registering for an age group reaches its max capacity and players will be added on a first come first served basis when availability opens up.
If a player has been selected for a Highlanders team, please do not register through this page. Players who do not get selected for a Highlanders team will need to follow this section’s instructions to be assigned to a PSC Recreational team.
General Registration Instructions
Piedmont currently uses the GotSoccer web portal to register recreational players.
- Please complete a new player/family profile or login to the portal if you have registered a previous year with PSC.
- Select the appropriate Fall season soccer registration option once you’ve established an account.
- Complete ALL steps of the online registration process. Skipping steps will slow the process for our registrar to place your player on a rec team.
- You should receive an email confirmation with your player information following the online registration process. If you have any questions regarding registration please email the PSC Registrar at
Recreational Players and Teams
No tryouts are required for PSC recreational level teams. Players are assigned to teams by the respective PSC Age Group Coordinators based on buddy and coach requests and availability on teams. Player preferences will be accommodated to the extent possible. Teams will be ‘flighted’ to play recreational teams of similar age and ability in the Jack London Youth Soccer League (JLYSL).
Sunday Only Teams
PSC strives to host at least one team in each age/gender division which plays only on Sundays during the Fall and Spring seasons, provided there are sufficient coaches and players to form a team. PSC has done this on behalf of the entire Jack London Youth Soccer League for many years. These teams give preference to families who have custody, language school or religious conflicts with a Saturday schedule. Typically, all our other teams have games on either Saturday or Sunday during the Fall and Spring seasons.This option needs to be checked on the registration form.
Playing Outside of Your Age Group
Players who wish to play up in the next age group or play down with their classmates must obtain the approval of both the Age Group Coordinator of the ‘correct’ age group and the Age Group Coordinator of the age group that the player is looking to play into. To obtain permission, the player (or parent) should email both Age Group Coordinators with the request. The request should include the player’s name, grade in Fall and a brief explanation of why the player wishes to play up. Email addresses for the Age Group Coordinators can be found on our Contact page.
2023-2024 Recreational Fees
|Fee per player age group||2023-24|
For more information, please see Refund Policy (Recreational) on the Registration FAQs.
Costs Covered by Player Fees
PSC is a 501(c)(3) non profit and we use the fees collected to cover for all operating costs, scholarships, and select capital support for local field improvement projects, including Bern Court and Alameda Point. Coaching Fees include the PSC Director of Coaching and Club Administration includes the Registrar and Treasurer, which are paid positions.
The chart below breaks down our primary expense categories.
Piedmont Soccer Club offers a limited number of financial scholarships each year. To apply for a scholarship, please read the PSC Scholarship Policy and apply using the online form below.
Piedmont Soccer Club Scholarship Policy
- The PSC Board shall determine, each year, the total dollars to budget for financial scholarships (if any). Scholarships in excess of this amount shall not be awarded.
- Scholarships are available to both recreational team and Highlanders competitive team players, but may only be awarded for team registration costs. Scholarships are not available for special camps, academies, or other training programs, whether offered through PSC, 24/7, or another organization.
- Scholarships applicants shall be asked to provide information describing the reason for their request.
- All scholarship applications shall be kept confidential. The VP Administration or other PSC Board officer designated by the PSC President will make scholarship decisions and only PSC Board officers shall be provided information on scholarship awards.
- Scholarship awards generally shall not exceed 50% of the team registration costs.
- A scholarship award in one year is, in no way, a guarantee of a scholarship award in a future year. The availability of scholarships and the size of the awards (if any) may vary from year to year.
- Each scholarship recipient is expected to complete volunteer hours for PSC in consideration of the scholarship received. These volunteer hours may be field setup and breakdown, or other jobs as determined by the VP Administration or other PSC Board officer designated by the PSC President. Any scholarship recipient who does not complete the requested volunteer hours shall be ineligible to receive a scholarship in future years.
- Any and all exceptions to the above policies may be made only with the approval of the PSC Board.
- PSC Reserves the right to modify the above policies from time to time or to eliminate them at any time at its discretion.
Piedmont Soccer Club Scholarship Application
Please complete this form to request a scholarship. Refer to Scholarship policies for additional details. Note that only a limited number of scholarships are available and not all scholarship requests can be granted.