Coach Code of Conduct
As the Head Coach of a Piedmont Soccer Club team, I will:
- Coach the team to the best of my ability.
- Be encouraging and supportive to my players and their families.
- Communicate all necessary information to my players in a timely fashion.
- Carry out all tasks upon request when requested by PSC.
- Work with my team parents to distribute all the necessary jobs associated with running a team.
- Carry out regular checks on the financial state of the team, notifying the PSC Competitive Coordinator and Treasurer of any short fall or more importantly, players who fail to pay their monthly training payment.
- Volunteer my services and talents to the Piedmont Soccer Club whenever possible.
- Familiarize myself with the laws of the game, and if possible take the referee course and referee games when available
- Respect officials and accept their decisions.
- Support and comply with the rules, policies and procedure of the PSC as they apply to me.
- Continue with my coach education
- Wear club apparel to all PSC soccer related activities (or 24-7 uniform for professional coaches)
- Check and reply to emails/communication in a timely manner
As the Head Coach of a Piedmont Soccer Club team, I will never:
- Engage in dissent directed toward an official.
- Engage in any kind or type of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, manager, player or parent.
- Discuss issues about the team or individual players in front of any of the players, unless deemed necessary
- Use tobacco or alcohol at any Piedmont Soccer Club practice or game.
- Act in any manner that is detrimental to the team or the Piedmont Soccer Club.
- Leave any child alone at the field or leave before they have been safely collected
I understand failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary action or sanctions by PSC.