With so many games being played over the next few months, we thought it would be a good time to remind parents and coaches on all of our teams, how we should all be acting on the sidelines…
BEFORE THE GAME
- Make a commitment to be a positive force in our program and honor the game of soccer.
- Tell your child you are excited to watch them play and are proud of them, regardless of how he/she performs.
DURING THE GAME
- Give your child praise and positive recognition, so that they play hard and have fun.
- Parents should not give instructions during the game. Allow the coaches to do this.
- Cheer good play from BOTH teams.
- If an official gets a call wrong, it’s ok, it’s part of the game – Be Silent
- Have fun and enjoy the game.
AFTER THE GAME
- Thank the officials and the coaches.
- Ask your child what they thought of the game, rather than give advice.
- Tell your child that you are proud of them and you love to watch them play.