Competitive Registration & Fees
For information on team formation & tryouts please visit our Tryouts page.
Registration for the 2023/24 Season
All Highlanders players must register online by clicking the Register Now button below within 48 hours of being offered a spot on a Highlander Team. When you register, be sure to select the correct Highlanders link for your age group/birth year.
You will be able to upload a proof of birth or passport and a headshot photo of your player for the player pass during registration (see photo requirements in required documentation). You will be able to crop the photo during the registration process, but your child’s face should fill most of the frame after cropping.
If your child played in the NorCal league on a PSC Highlander team last year, you do not need to resubmit a birth certificate. Players who were previously registered with PSC (Recreation/CYSA) but did not play in the NorCal League must resubmit documentation as NorCal and CYSA are not affiliated and age must be verified in the new league. Players who played on a NorCal team, with another club will also need to resubmit proof of age and parents need to ask for a release from their previous club. A player can only play for 1 club per season.
For more information, please see the Refund Policy (Competitive) on the Registration FAQs.
Competitive - Highlanders (U8 - U12)
Our programs have been developed to provide the best mix of training, coaching, and game competition to fit our players’ interests and skills. To help players find the right fit, PSC supports both “competitive” and “recreational” teams. The Highlanders program is the competitive branch of PSC for our U8-U12 age players.
Fees for 2023-24 Season (Fall 2023 + Spring 2024)
Other expenses include uniforms, tournaments, and coach travel reimbursement.
Costs Covered by Player Fees
Piedmont Soccer Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and we use the fees collected to cover for all operating costs, scholarships, and select capital support for local field improvement projects, including Bern Field and Alameda Point. The chart below breaks down our primary expense categories.
Piedmont Soccer Club offers a limited number of financial scholarships each year. To apply for a scholarship, please read the PSC Scholarship Policy and apply using the online form below.
Piedmont Soccer Club Scholarship Policy
- The PSC Board shall determine, each year, the total dollars to budget for financial scholarships (if any). Scholarships in excess of this amount shall not be awarded.
- Scholarships are available to both recreational team and Highlanders competitive team players, but may only be awarded for team registration costs. Scholarships are not available for special camps, academies, or other training programs, whether offered through PSC, 24/7, or another organization.
- Scholarships applicants shall be asked to provide information describing the reason for their request.
- All scholarship applications shall be kept confidential. The PSC Board officer designated by the PSC President will make scholarship decisions and only PSC Board officers shall be provided information on scholarship awards.
- Scholarship awards generally shall not exceed 50% of the team registration costs.
- A scholarship award in one year is, in no way, a guarantee of a scholarship award in a future year. The availability of scholarships and the size of the awards (if any) may vary from year to year.
- Any and all exceptions to the above policies may be made only with the approval of the PSC Board.
- PSC Reserves the right to modify the above policies from time to time or to eliminate them at any time at its discretion.
Piedmont Soccer Club Scholarship Application
Please complete this form to request a scholarship. Refer to Scholarship policies for additional details. Note that only a limited number of scholarships are available and not all scholarship requests can be granted.